Friday, July 4, 2008

EDM #167: Draw Something That Needs Fixing


...the building and zoning permit office, yes! And I know I'm not alone in this one: ask these two people depicted. I'm sure they have been here a lot longer than I have. Perfect subjects for a quick sketch in that-like me-they ain't movin'! Why do I know they aren't going to move? Because if their name is called and they aren't around, the plan reviewer will immediately skip to the next person. When they come back and realize that they missed their turn, they have to sign the call list again.
The potential for this happening is multiplied by the 5 different departments they are required to clear: plan intake, zoning, site development, arborist, and structural. But it doesn't end there, the permit typist and the cashier lines await. God forbid if you have to change something...or it's lunchtime.

2 comments:

caseytoussaint said...

Are you sure you're not in France? Nice sketch!

Sharon said...

Oh yeah, I know this experience. I was always the one who had to stand in line to deal with bureaucratic stuff relating to building our houses. You captured it perfectly, Rock!